Forum Discussion

Suhail
Contributor
10 months ago

2-way SSO connection between Salesforce and Khoros

Hello,

For security, we only allow SSO login access to our Community.

That said, my Salesforce team has told me that right now we only have a one-way connection between our Salesforce and Khoros in that we use the Khoros Salesforce Connector to pull data from Khoros into Salesforce.

However, if we would like to have a two-way connection to be able to send information from Salesforce to Khoros, it seems like we need a non-SSO login to connect to Khoros from Salesforce, at least if want to connect using the Salesforce fields in the attached image.

Can you propose another solution? Is there a way for us to connect our Salesforce to Khoros to send information from Salesforce to Khoros (not just the other way around) without using a non-SSO login?

Thanks,
Suhail

• Hi Suhail -

Two things:

(1) I believe the OOTB Salesforce-Khoros connector only sends data from Khoros to Salesforce, and not the other way around. Are you building a custom integration?

(2) For non-SSO login via API, you can create a "Service user" in the admin console with a username and password. Admin > Users > Permissions > Create Users. Enter a username and password and email (can be a dummy email). Give the user the permissions needed. You can now use this user in API connections to generate a session key (see: https://developer.khoros.com/khoroscommunitydevdocs/docs/session-key for info on session key authentication)

Hope this helps!