Forum Discussion

10 years ago

ActiveCast widget not working

Hello,

For some reason the ActiveCast widget not displaying anything. I've followed the instructions. Copy and past the content of the Code field in the exact location where I want it to appear on my website but nothing is displaying. Am I missing something here? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

JasonL
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)
    hi skylinegr,
    might be a backend config that's missing (can't quite remember, vaguely recall some cross-domain setting is needed??)

Best is to check with Support, can you kindly log a support ticket?
  • Hi

It is a copy/paste job and normally works but maybe you missed one of the confit settings. Which widget are you using?
      skylinegtr
      Mentor

Fellsteruk-I've tried the Latest Topics and Featured Topics. When I click "Create" it does display the code and the topics but when I copy and paste the code to my website, it doesn't display. 

Fellsteruk
        Boss

Hi,

Ive just tested myself and it worked fine however i noticed that when i sign out of community the widget stops working, if you try logging into your community in the same browser you have the widget code running it should work...

never actually noticed this before "TBH we use rest api rather than active cast" but im guessing you need to some how authenticate/validate your site domain with your lithium community to ensure the content is shown.

Ive just had a look around and struggling to find a TKB or any other help on this but sure one of the other guys will be along to help shortly... Im also keen to understand the cause of this and an answer now :)