Forum Discussion

pp_01
Mentor
8 months ago

Adding bookmarks link to user navigation dropdown.

Hello team. I have a requirement where we need to add the Bookmarks option community-wide to the user navigation dropdown so that it can be made more accessible to the user. Currently, we have achieved this functionality by using JS by appending an element with the URL in it but I wish to know if there is an OOB way to add the Bookmarks option in the user navigation dropdown.

I checked it is an OOB component which is being used there for rendering the list so is there any setting through which we can add the desired option? Attaching the SC of the desired location as a reference. Please let me know if there is a way.

Thanks in advance.

• It depends a little bit what component you use for your user slideout menu, but did you try adding it to the "page" layout UserSlideOutMenu?

You would need to create a simple custom component which basically just contains the link

<a class="lia-link-navigation lia-component-users-action-my-profile-settings" href="/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions" target="_blank" rel="noopener">My Subscriptions</a>

...and then insert that into above layout.

• Hello pp_01 : This would be a great feature in the community but as per my knowledge it is not available by the OOTB feature

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhishek Illindra

• Hello pp_01 ,
    There is no OOB method to add the Bookmarks option to the user navigation dropdown. Currently, there are no settings available to add options to this user navigation dropdown.
    If my response helped you, please give kudo and accept as solution. Thank you!