Forum Discussion

peterlu
Champion
8 years ago

API v2 operator "NOT IN"

Hi Lithium,

When can we have this function for the API v2?

For example, Customers would like to query all messages except for few boards.

Peter 

him_varma
      Advisor

peterlu

You can achieve this by custom freemarker function. Firstly you can store all the boards IDs that you do not want to show in a freemarker array. Please see below code:

<#assign boards_id = ['board_id_1','board_id_2','board_id_3'] />

After that you can make a rest api v1 or v2 call to fetch all messages and run through loop and also check if the board id exists or not. In my case I am using V2 call. See below code:

<#assign messages = rest("2.0", "/search?q=" + "select * from messages"?url).data.items />
      <#list messages as message>
        <#if !boards_id?seq_contains(message.board.id)> <!-- checks if board id is not in mentioned IDs array -->
         <!-- display message's content other than boards you do not want to show -->
        </#if>
      </#list>

Please give KUDOS if you find this helpful. Mark as Accepted Solution in case of solution you were looking for.

peterlu
        Champion
        him_varma, your code won't work in a pagination environment. And it won't work in some situations as well. NOT IN solution is the ultimate way just like the good old database days.
  • peterlu - 

This query would work in pagination environment. 

select * from messages where board.id in ('board1,board2')

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query

Tariq

peterlu
      Champion
      TariqHussain yes, your query works. But if a customer has 100+ boards, and they just want to ignore (NOT IN) 1 board only. It is not a good idea to do board.id in ('board1', 'board2'..........'board300')