Forum Discussion

Inactive User
7 years ago

Best way to create a Featured Threads/Posts page?

Right now I'm creating a section for customers we have a "private support" relationship with; i.e., they have their own Category page that contains a TKB, a Forum, and Ideas. 

Ideally, I'd like to create or use an existing View All Featured Posts URL for Featured Threads or Articles, just like 

t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/board-id/BOARDNAME 

but instead

t5/forums/featuredpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/CATEGORYNAME

• Does this already exist? 
  • If not, what are the best practices to create one?
  • How can I have this be in the correct place in the hierarchy for both the breadcrumbs and other ancestor queries, just as the recentposts URL above resolves in the proper hierarchy

SO FAR:

• Created a custom page ViewAllCategoryItems.quilt.xml, which uses a custom component (below), which just calls those and lists them: 
  • In the custom componentViewAllFeatured.ftl, using LiQL 2, I pull all featured conversations within that category, whether a discussion or TKB article (SELECT conversation.featured, subject FROM messages WHERE category.id = 'mycategory' AND conversation.featured = true AND depth = 0)
  • BUT, because it's a custom page, it's at /t5/custom/page/page-id/JMPViewAllCategoryItems?category=mycategory

Thanks!