Forum Discussion

finn-rod
Helper
7 years ago

Bot puts Related Conversation in closed conversations

Hello,

I'm having trouble using Lithium Response for bot purposes. We have the bot API set up correctly and it is communicating with Lithium back-end without issue.  The issue is more with the lithium response page itself.

Example:

- A new user starts a conversation with our bot. It goes into the appropriate work queue. The user requests a bot handoff, and now the conversation is moved into the available work queue for bot handoff requests.  The customer service associate on the back end addresses the issue, and closes the conversation as resolved (or, the user will terminate the bot conversation by triggering the Bot Resolved webhook.) The conversation either way is now labelled as, "Status: Closed, Resolved."

The same user comes back to our bot to ask an additional question.  What we are seeing is one of several things:

1. The conversation gets put into the users's previously closed conversation, but not into the correct work queue indicating availability. 

2. The new conversation is not appearing at all in lithium response, and we are getting the error "Lithium unable to find conversation"

My guess is that these new conversations after being closed are getting stuck in the previously closed conversation and not appearing as new conversations that agents must address.  

Any help understanding the Lithium Response UI/UX would help greatly, because it our current settings are not intuitive to agents, or our customers are not able to get the help they need with our agents. 

Thanks!

Sarah

• I think the solution to this problem was that the work queues were not being sufficiently defined, and conversations from different bots were being merged together.  By making a very clear distinction in work queue tags (no overlap), this seemed to have solved the problem.