Forum Discussion

khill
Mentor
7 years ago

Bulk Kudos by Kudo Given Date Range and Message ID

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to use API or admin reports to pull a list of all kudos given by Message ID over a date range?  Using the API documentation I can only find this info for a certain Message ID, but what I would ideally like is a list of all messages that received kudos (and their associated kudo info) over a date range so that I can import it into my on-premise BI solution.

Thanks in advance for your help as always!

Kate

• khill - I don't think there is a where clause in API V2 which can fetch messages for kudos given a date.  

Kudos call only support - images.id, message.author.id, message.id,user.id as a where clause. 

With the messages call you can get kudos count and a message id same as your format, however, you only can fetch messages for certain date range by its post time, not by kudos given a date. 

khill
      Mentor

Hi AbhishekIlindra - Yep, so my issue with the standard reports is that (from what I can find so far) they provide kudos by date only (in admin report) or by single message ID only (in API) and I need message ID to match in my database.  What I want is to extract a table that would look something like:

Message ID|#Kudos

11111 | 2

11112 | 1

11114 | 3

etc. over all posts that received kudos within a certain date range.

Any ideas?

Kate

• khill - I don't think there is a where clause in API V2 which can fetch messages for kudos given a date.  

Kudos call only support - images.id, message.author.id, message.id,user.id as a where clause. 

With the messages call you can get kudos count and a message id same as your format, however, you only can fetch messages for certain date range by its post time, not by kudos given a date.