Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Changing custom avatar

Hi,

Is there a way to change a custom avatar set that I've used, so that every user has the corresponding new image?

From what I've seen in this thread https://community.lithium.com/t5/Developer-Discussion/How-to-replace-default-set-of-avatars/m-p/277884 this can be done only by professional services but I want to double check.

Thanks in advance

cheers

wearesocialit
    7 years ago

TariqGrazitti wrote:

@wearesocialit-

Here is an API call to update the user avatar, you will need to create a script which will loop through all the users and will update avatar for each.

Also, you need to create a mapping logic which will return you new avatar corresponds to old one.

Thanks

Tariq Hussain

It turned out that it was a lot simpler than what we were thinking: it is possible to simply delete the old version of the avatar and upload a file with the exact same name.

wearesocialit
      Ace

Yes, but i don't want a single backup for errors I need replace each avatar with its corresponding updated...

TariqHussain
        Boss

wearesocialit-

Here is an API call to update the user avatar, you will need to create a script which will loop through all the users and will update avatar for each.

Also, you need to create a mapping logic which will return you new avatar corresponds to old one.

Thanks

Tariq Hussain