Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Common labels across the community

Not sure if this is the right place to post.

It's easy to see all the labels applied to a given category/board. You can go to a page listing all topics that have that associated label. Example below:

Is it possible to list all topics associated with a label across multiple categories/boards?

Seems like labels are done at the board level? And thus can only by filtered on each category but I don't see a way to show all topics across all categories with the same label. Is that possible? Thank You.

- Chris Solis

• csolis214 - This is currently not feasible OOTB but can be done using the API's and some custom coding. Lithium only provides the labels at the board level as of now and you can only see what is inside of one board under each label. However, we have customized this to bring the global posts under one label and displayed it on one page. Here are a couple of examples - Example 1 Example 2

I hope this helps.

• csolis214, as VarunGrazitti correctly states, the API and a customization is your best bet at the moment for this kind of functionality, see here for a bit more advanced solution with label-grouping, multiple labels filter etc.

• Just wanted to reply to both of ya'll to thank you for the advice. I've been working on API and customization similar to the examples ya'll have shown and it's workin. Thanks a bunch!

• csolis214 - This is currently not feasible OOTB but can be done using the API's and some custom coding. Lithium only provides the labels at the board level as of now and you can only see what is inside of one board under each label. However, we have customized this to bring the global posts under one label and displayed it on one page. Here are a couple of examples - Example 1 Example 2

I hope this helps.