Forum Discussion

Sam_Sick
Contributor
4 years ago

Community REST-API: Get all tags available

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to search for all available tags within the community per REST-API. I am doing this with the "search"-command. Currently, I search for all messages and get the corresponding tags based on the respective message-ID and merge them. Isn't there a faster way to retrieve all available tags using a REST command (e.g. SELECT * FROM tags)?

REST API 

• I'm not aware of how you can generically retrieve all tags for your community using LiQL / APIv2, since the tags collection requires the messages.id constraint when querying against it, most likely to prevent accidentally blasting your instance with a very heavy query that might impact performance.

That being said, I believe this is possible using the tagging object in API v1, specifically the Community.tagging.tags.all API call.

As an aside, if you want to get all tags via the platform itself, you can do so with one of the tag hyperlink structures referenced in the Khoros Platform URLs article.  (example)

• I'm not aware of how you can generically retrieve all tags for your community using LiQL / APIv2, since the tags collection requires the messages.id constraint when querying against it, most likely to prevent accidentally blasting your instance with a very heavy query that might impact performance.

That being said, I believe this is possible using the tagging object in API v1, specifically the Community.tagging.tags.all API call.

As an aside, if you want to get all tags via the platform itself, you can do so with one of the tag hyperlink structures referenced in the Khoros Platform URLs article.  (example)