Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Community Subscription Options

Hello everbody,

I have couple questions concerning the "Community Subscription Options".

Task:

I want to implement the same functionality which is present on the "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" tab on the "My settings" page.

Subscriptions & Bookmarks.png

Here we can see 9 main functions:

1. Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in
  2. Email Delivery
  3. Email content
  4. Email format
  5. Remove HTML from posts
  6. Remove user signatures from posts
  7. Ignore posts I have already read
  8. For my forum subscriptions, notify me for
  9. Notify me for my own posts and replies

My question is, can we manage all these functions by Lithium REST API?

If  yes, could you please provide an example or manual?

• Ok, I guess that I find the necessary options by my self.

As you know "User" entity include the key-value colletion that also known as "Profiles".

I've found that keys of this collection corresponding options on the "Sucscription Options" tab.

Key "auto_subscribe_on_post " can has two possible values "none" and "thread". It is coressponding to "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" check box.

Key "sub_email_delivery" can has three possible values "daily", "weekly" and "immediate". It is coressponding to "Email Delivery" radio.

Key "sub_email_format" can has two possible values "subject_only" and "subject_and_body". It is coressponding to "Email content" radio.

Key "sub_email_mail_format" can has two possible three "html", "palin_text" and "tauto". It is coressponding to "Email format" radio.

Key "sub_email_remove_html" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Remove HTML from posts" check box.

Key "sub_email_ignore_marked_read" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Ignore posts I have already read" check box.

Key "board_subscribe_method" can has two possible values "message" and "thread". It is coressponding to "For my forum subscriptions, notify me" radio.

Key "sub_email_self_notify" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Notify me for my own posts and replies" check box.

I hope that this info will be helpful for someone:)

• Ok, I guess that I find the necessary options by my self.

As you know "User" entity include the key-value colletion that also known as "Profiles".

I've found that keys of this collection corresponding options on the "Sucscription Options" tab.

Key "auto_subscribe_on_post " can has two possible values "none" and "thread". It is coressponding to "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" check box.

Key "sub_email_delivery" can has three possible values "daily", "weekly" and "immediate". It is coressponding to "Email Delivery" radio.

Key "sub_email_format" can has two possible values "subject_only" and "subject_and_body". It is coressponding to "Email content" radio.

Key "sub_email_mail_format" can has two possible three "html", "palin_text" and "tauto". It is coressponding to "Email format" radio.

Key "sub_email_remove_html" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Remove HTML from posts" check box.

Key "sub_email_ignore_marked_read" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Ignore posts I have already read" check box.

Key "board_subscribe_method" can has two possible values "message" and "thread". It is coressponding to "For my forum subscriptions, notify me" radio.

Key "sub_email_self_notify" is boolean. It is coressponding to "Notify me for my own posts and replies" check box.

I hope that this info will be helpful for someone:)

JeffY
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)
      Hi there. Sorry we weren't able to help more timely. Thanks for doing the leg work and sharing with everyone!

I did want to let you know that revamping our API documentation is on the Q4 roadmap. We know it needs work on many fronts: organization, more descriptive method summaries, and a complete list of parameters and key-value settings to name a few. If you have any feedback (general or specific), I'd really like to hear it. In the meantime, thanks for bearing with javadocs.