Forum Discussion

ttadej
Advisor
8 years ago

Duplicate plugin folder creation issue

Just started using Lithium and I've successfully created a Skin and got the Sass compilation working with LiveReload. But...

I'm confused about the file structure in my project.

In my project I have the following folder that relate to skins/Sass:

root/coreplugin/res/..

root/plugin/res/..

root/res/..

It's my understanding that the coreplugin files are from Studio and not to be edited. When I edit the Sass files under root/res/.. the Sass compiles and updates my webpage. But what is the root/plugin folder for? It seems to be duplicate files. Is one folder for working files where the other are compiled for deployment after running li package-plugin?

A bit confused by the duplicate file structures. Thanks for the clarification!

• Hello ttadej. The lithium-sdk code that is generating the /plugins folder is code that is being shared by some internal asset pipeline tools that we use. When used in your context the /plugin folder is not needed. We will log an issue to remove this duplicate folder from being generated. For now you can just ignore it.

AdamA
    Khoros Oracle

Hello ttadej. The lithium-sdk code that is generating the /plugins folder is code that is being shared by some internal asset pipeline tools that we use. When used in your context the /plugin folder is not needed. We will log an issue to remove this duplicate folder from being generated. For now you can just ignore it.