Forum Discussion

Inactive User
8 years ago

Easy way to tell which Quilts are in use? In Studio or SDK.

Trying to find a way to tell which custom or modified quilts that we have are actually in use. With components and layouts (in the SDK) it's fairly straightforward: I just search for the name of the file in the /res/ folder. With Quilts, since they're only set via ADMIN > CONTENT > CUSTOM PAGES, I haven't been able to find a way to do this.

Exporting the ADMIN settings and searching the XML doesn't seem to show those settings.  

Got any suggestions SuzieH or anyone else? Thanks

• Hi Inactive User,

As cike said, Lithium doesn't provide a nice tool to find out which custom quilts are in use. Agreed that this would be a very useful enhancement.

• Hi Inactive User,

in the past I also thought about such a "usage analysis", but didn't come up with a solution. I tried to go through single parts of the community step by step and take a look at every single node and common pages (e.g. post/edit page).

Via the browser developer tools I then checked the DOM where you find a CSS class which tells you the quilt in use. But it's a messy work^^

Additionally, there is high risk to miss some quilts.

Maybe such a feature is good thing for future SDK releases or better: There is already a "hidden" feature or at least a workaround. :)

Cheers,

Christian

SuzieH
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Inactive User,

As cike said, Lithium doesn't provide a nice tool to find out which custom quilts are in use. Agreed that this would be a very useful enhancement.