Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Feasible? Link (within Topic) to jump to Care Conversation

Use case: 

• I'm browsing Community and I see a lingering thread.  (somebody said "any updates? etc)"
  • I'd like to "Care-tag" it "Lingering" so it shows up in the lingering column.

Assumption:  Care-tagging can't be done from within Community.

Desire:  Custom component/link on Topic page (only showing up for specific role of course) that deep-links to the conversation in Care.

Feasible?  If so, can you give me any pointers for the API bits to call to build the Care link bits?

• Hey, I'm a little late to this one, but I just recently started playing around with the Care API and thought I might give this a try.

This API Get conversation details by document source ID (khoros.com) returns Care conversation info based on the source id not the Care id. They give twitter and Facebook as examples, but I would assume it should work for community conversations as well.

Has anyone ever used this successfully? 

https://instance.response.lithium.com/api/v2/conversations/bySourceDocumentId/networks/{network}/instances/{instance}/id/{source document id}

It says the network parameter is "The unique name of the network serving as the source channel". No examples so I tried "community". It seemed ok with that but said "No conversations found that contain document with id 10041". 

Anyone here ever gotten this to work with community posts that could share some details? If so, it seems like a link to the Care conversation from community is probably achievable.

Thanks

DaveEv
      Khoros Staff

Akenefick Looking at this now: try network either "Lia" or "Lithium" -- should be one of those two.  Let me know how this works-- very cool idea.

Thx-

D

Akenefick
        Genius

Hi DaveEv Thanks, I tried both without any luck. I'm also wondering if I'm using the right thing under "instance". 

https://instance.response.lithium.com/api/v2/conversations/bySourceDocumentId/networks/{network}/instances/{instance}/id/{source document id}

The first occurrence of "instance" for us is definitely "ptc". I've used it in other API calls successfully. Should the second "instance" in the path parameters be the same? The documentation says - "The unique name of the Khoros Care instance through which the conversation is managed." I've tried "ptc" and "ptc1" which I think I've seen used somewhere for our care instance as well. I also thought that instance might refer to our community instance not Care, even though the documentation says otherwise. So, I tried "sejnu66972" which is our community instance id. I've tried all of those with both Lithium and Lia for the network.

Here is part of the results from a different API call to get conversation details with the Care display id. It has a lot of information about the network and other info that I thought might be useful to piecing this together.

"primaryMessage": {
                        "lakeProperties": [],
                        "listeningTokenExternalId""sejnu66972",   <- tried this for instance also tried ptc and ptc1
                        "userHasPermissionToView"true,
                        "isSourceHidden"false,
                        "gdprdeleted"false,
                        "conversationDisplayId"29805745,
                        "network""lithium",   <- this makes me think you are right, and network should be "lithium"
                        "networkinstance""community.ptc.com/",
                        "id""community.ptc.com/:869687",     <- this is the community id for the topic which I use for the last parameter "source document id"
                        "lswUuid""bddf6ed3-9ab0-4582-9884-537866c114bd",

Thanks!
  • Hello keithkelly 

You can tag on care per certain rules, like regex, keywords, etc. You need to identify under which circumstances the tag would be applied.

keithkelly
      Leader

I wasn't clear.

On the post in Community, have a link that allows Moderators to jump to the discussion in Care.

• keithkellyPlease accept my apologies for the delay in responding. Your query has been forwarded to our team, and I will promptly inform you as soon as I receive a response from them.