Forum Discussion

tsrisudh
Advisor
7 years ago

Featured blog component

Is there an OOB component to show only featured blogs in a category, we want to add this to our category and board pages.

The OOB Featured content picks from the entire community and does not restrict to the current category.

So is there another option or we have to build a custom component?

tsrisudh
      Advisor
      Thanks for the reply, but this will feature all the content types right, for example if i had featured a blog, TKb and a discussion all of them will be shown in the component. But what i need is only featured blogs to be shown, is this possible with this component?
        TariqHussain
        Boss

tsrisudh - This depends on where you use this component. 

1. If you will use this on BlogPage, only blog article will appear.

2. If you will use on CategoryPage, all the post will come from that particular category.(TKB, Forum etc)

3. If you will use this on the community page, the Featured thread will appear from the whole community. 

Also, can you also go through Admin - Content - Featured Topics might be helpful for you.  You will find options there to remove, manually order the featured topics. 

• tsrisudh- Which component you have you have used for a featured post?  I believe it always should restrict threads from the category if you have added this to the category page.