Forum Discussion

• I'm trying to do the same.  We're bringing a lot of cool usage data into PowerBI, and it'd be very helpful to bring X month's top search terms in as well (for our board owners to see the types of content people are searching for.)

JakeR
    Khoros Oracle

I would not advise doing this.

Sanity-Check time.....

What are your top 10 Search Terms for 2010?

My guess is that they're not worth printing.

However, I believe you can get this info. I believe the issue is that you did not put all of the appropriate query string parameters in your call.

But the BIGGER issue is what you're trying to achieve.  I understand the business value of getting the top 10 Search terms, but I also understand the risk of exposing those terms to your customer base.  I would take some time to think through whether you want to expose those terms or not.

IMO, you're better served syndicating the top ten Tags, and not the top ten Search Terms.

• Ok, thanks a lot for your answer, I understand your point, we will re-analyze the business value of what we were looking for.

One more thing, I've tried the request that you suggested but the response is not what I expected. Is there any exact documentation of all the available methods and parameters? For example how can I know if I can use the top_search_terms via REST API, and if I can how should I use it?.

Thanks again,

Claudio.

JakeR
        Khoros Oracle

You should be able to get the REST API documentation from your Customer Success Manager with the latest version of Classes, Methods, and example URLs.

You're not going to get the expected response if:

a) you're not authenticated as an Admin

b) there are no top 10 search terms during the date range that you specified in your query string parameters