darrenSP
Mentor
8 years ago

Helpfulness API V1 permission denied

Hi,

For some reason I am getting a 303 Permission denied error back for this call

/restapi/vc/messages/id/[id]/reviews/helpfulness

Anyone any ideas why?

• Same here, getting a 303 "Permission Denied" response for such a call, REST Permissions are set and other calls work without issues. DougS: Any idea why this would happen, the helpfulness does not seem to be very "private" data that would need a restadmin() call, or are we missing something?

luk
      Boss

DougS Did some further research and it really seems to be a bug in the API v1, I could not figure out any way of not getting this "Permission Denied" Error, tried restadmin(), enabled all settings in the Admin > Features > Ratings section:

all to no avail...can you confirm this is a bug or are we missing something?

DougS
        Khoros Oracle

I thought helpfulness was only supported by default for TKB (and you need to have the tbk_helpfulness rating style added to the "rating styles field in Admin > Features > Ratings). However, I see this thread, which has a solution that tells you have to set up helpfulness ratings for forums:

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Developer-Discussion/Configuring-ratings-helpfulness/m-p/153196

It looks like they are only supported on forum replies. Is the message you are getting the "Permission Denied" error for a TKB message or a Forum message? If it's a Forum message, is it a reply or is it the topic message? If it's a TKB, is it the TKB article or a comment?

-Doug

• darrenSP- Do you access to the TKB?

Please also confirm if you enabled this feature from community admin.

Admin - Features - Ratings

darrenSP
      Mentor

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am an admin and that setting is turned on.