Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Hiding line on blog article

Tech support has refused to help me on this, so I am hoping someone out there can.

I am trying to create a blog article page that has no formatting around it - just a blank page so that we can post videos to be used in our application as help videos.

I have configured all of the appropriate components so that display: none has them not showing on the screen.

But somewhere in either one of these classes:

lia-message-view message-uid-327

lia-component-article

lia-component-blogs-widget-blog-message-view

lia-quilt-column-alley

lia-quilt-column-alley-single

There is a line drawn on the bottom of the message. Unfortunately I can't show the page since I have a closed community.

After trying tech support they told me they couldn't help me, even though a) the documentation for this is clearly lacking and b) it isn't easily discoverable. I could understand if the documentation was there and I just needed to read it more carefully. Or if it was something that I should be able to discover by myself. But after five hours of looking I give up.

It is really unfortunate that tech support continues to behave as if anything along these lines is not their problem. Here is an idea, make a product that doesn't require five hours of hunting and pecking in order to figure out where the stupid grey line is that YOU put there.

• Hi Jonathan,

Sorry you had a bad experience with Support. If you are talking about the line that appears just above the "powered by Lithium" logo, you should be able to add some CSS like the following to your site's skin to remove it on blog pages (it's a top-board that needs to get removed):

#lia-body.lia-blog .lia-content .lia-quilt-row-footer .lia-quilt-footer,
    #lia-body.lia-blog .lia-content .lia-quilt-row-footer .lia-quilt-footer { border:none; }

If it's not that, then perhaps you mean the board/background around each message that is rendering on the blog article page.  Where this background or border CSS is can vary, depending on what skin you've based your skin off of (or if you've made a completely custom skin).  Our default "whiteui" skin puts this inside of the lia-panel-message class (in selctors that contain the lia-decoration-border-top, lia-decoration-border-content, and lia-decoration-border-bottom classes).

Some customers have put their background or border css inside selects that include lia-panel-message class.

Let me know if this resolves your issue, or if it's a different line you are trying to remove (or if it doesn't remove it everywhere you want it to) and we can keep working on the issue. If you can send me a private message with a screen shot of the page in either firefox, with the firebug console open on the HTML tab, or chrome with the Elements tab of the developer tools open and an arrow pointing to the line you are trying to remove, I may be able to zero-in on the element for you.

Thanks,

-Doug

• If you just want to get the blog article content so that it can be consumed within an external application, here are a couple of solutions that might be more appropriate:

1. Use the REST API to retrieve the blog articles (in a machine-readable format). This will allow you to do whatever you want with the content within your application.

2. Create a custom end-point that takes the blog ID as a parameter and just outputs the blog article content in a vanilla HTML wrapper.

HTH

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry you had a bad experience with Support. If you are talking about the line that appears just above the "powered by Lithium" logo, you should be able to add some CSS like the following to your site's skin to remove it on blog pages (it's a top-board that needs to get removed):

#lia-body.lia-blog .lia-content .lia-quilt-row-footer .lia-quilt-footer,
    #lia-body.lia-blog .lia-content .lia-quilt-row-footer .lia-quilt-footer { border:none; }

If it's not that, then perhaps you mean the board/background around each message that is rendering on the blog article page.  Where this background or border CSS is can vary, depending on what skin you've based your skin off of (or if you've made a completely custom skin).  Our default "whiteui" skin puts this inside of the lia-panel-message class (in selctors that contain the lia-decoration-border-top, lia-decoration-border-content, and lia-decoration-border-bottom classes).

Some customers have put their background or border css inside selects that include lia-panel-message class.

Let me know if this resolves your issue, or if it's a different line you are trying to remove (or if it doesn't remove it everywhere you want it to) and we can keep working on the issue. If you can send me a private message with a screen shot of the page in either firefox, with the firebug console open on the HTML tab, or chrome with the Elements tab of the developer tools open and an arrow pointing to the line you are trying to remove, I may be able to zero-in on the element for you.

Thanks,

-Doug

DougS
    Khoros Oracle
    Good call Nathan. I had missed what you said Jonathan about using this in an external application. The REST API (or an endpoint if you need to make multiple REST calls and combine the results) is Definately a better way to go if that is what you are trying to do.
      TreyW
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jonathan, 

I'm glad to see you got some assistance here.  I will follow up directly about your case as well to discuss your support experience in further detail. 

-Trey

• Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I didn't have control over the system calling the blog article. So creating a REST API would have meant dealing with my tech team and adding $$$.

I had to use a different CSS Inspection tool but I was able to find it.

DougS  it was in the lia-panel-message

I wasn't involved in setup so getting to know the CSS that was put into place has been challenging.

Thanks again for your help.

DougS
      Khoros Oracle
      No problem -- glad to see that it worked for you!