Forum Discussion

carpin_
Adept
7 years ago

Hover card metrics missing

Hello everybody,

For some time now the hovercard profile user metrics have stopped appearing in our community. It seems that the components have changed. Which will be then the right components´ids so the metrics can be showed?

Thanks. Greetings.

• carpin_ The hovercard feature has never been standardized (at least afaik, e.g. it's not a component in the old-fashioned sense), it usually consists of an endpoint that is queried with jQuery when a username is hovered. This is normally added by PS or your customization partners.

May I ask what exactly is missing, the entire hovercard or just parts of it?

My best guess without more details is, that some kind of error occurs in the endpoint because Klout is not working anymore, is it possible that you have still activated "Profile Plus" in your community?

carpin_
      Adept

Hi luk,

We had activated the profile plus and some parts have stopped appearing. In the Hovercard appeared the Avatar, the role and user metrics such as number of post, kudos and accepted solutions. For a few weeks only the avatar and the role appear.

If the question is that this component was working with Klout and the metric component was related to it, then we will have no choice but to make a new endpoint.

This is part of the code we have

<component id="profileplus.widget.treatment-statistics" metricType="net_overall_posts"/>
      <component id="profileplus.widget.treatment-statistics" metricType="net_kudos_weight_received"/>
      <component id="profileplus.widget.treatment-statistics" metricType="net_accepted_solutions"/>
      <component id="registration-date"/>

What would be the metric component that we would have to use instead?

Thanks.

luk
        Boss

Hm, maybe we are not talking about the same thing, what do you understand as "hovercard"?

What you posted above, looks like the XML from a quilt, which is not used in any of the hovercard implementations I have seen, they were all custom endpoints (making API requests to get these metrics) returning HTML to an AJAX request when a username in the community is hovered...