Forum Discussion

2 years ago

How To Change "Success! We moved this post to [Board TITLE]"

I've always found this message a bit wonky that it shows the board ID instead of the board title.  Perhaps my mother was right about me having slight OCD tendencies...

It would be cleaner to say Say "...moved this post to Claims (int)" - esp on boards that have longer/wonker IDs.

so I dug around and found these puppies in Community Text Editor:

feedback.MoveMessageAction.succeed = Success! We moved this ${general.post} to ${arg:param.destBoard.displayId}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.failed = Sorry, we couldn''t move this ${general.post} to ${arg:param.destBoard.displayId}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.allsucceed = Success! We moved these ${general.posts} to ${arg:param.destBoard.displayId}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.allfailed = Sorry, we couldn''t move these ${general.posts} to ${arg:param.destBoard.displayId}.

This bit perplexes me, and I couldn't find any documentation or forum topics on it:

${arg:param.destBoard.displayId}

Where's this argument passed from?  Is there a displayTitle or Title attribute I can tap into?  What fields are available from within destBoard?

• Got it: 

I decided to stop wondering and just try some stuff, and the first thing I tried worked:

${arg:param.destBoard.title}

Here's the full group of strings for copy/paste-ability

feedback.MoveMessageAction.succeed                 = Success!  We moved this ${general.post} to ${arg:param.destBoard.title}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.failed                  = Sorry, we couldn''t move this ${general.post} to ${arg:param.destBoard.title}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.allsucceed              = Success!  We moved these ${general.posts} to ${arg:param.destBoard.title}.

feedback.MoveMessageAction.allfailed               = Sorry, we couldn''t move these ${general.posts} to ${arg:param.destBoard.title}.