Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Ideas for "Propose Externaliation" Button (on Topics)

We have 2 parallel areas of our community:  External & Internal

External
(customers will start new topics here by default)

Internal
(employees start new topics here by default)
SuchNSuchSuchNSuch
WhizBangWhizBang
FooBarFooBar

We want to give our users the ability (a button?) to identify Internal topics that are eligible to be bumped to the External areas. 

Train of thought:

• A custom button
  • When clicked, adds "Tag" (as in Khoros Care tag) "ProposeExternal"
  • In Care, we'd have a column of posts Care-tagged ProposeExternal

Is this feasible?  Is it the most ideal way of doing it?   If so, I have more questions, like,

1. Is it possible to issue a "Care tag"on button click in Community?  (where the tag allows filtering in Care but isn't shown in Community?)
  2. What if a conversation is already closed in Care?  Will assigning a new Care tag reopen that conversation?

I feel like I'm ahead of myself here.  How would you give users this capability?

• Are internal *users* going to do this from the community? or from inside Care?

Are Topics posted Internally the same style of thing they will become when moved externally? e.g., will a Forum post INT become a Forum post EXT?

I'm not up to speed on how Care works exactly but, from within the community have you investigated Custom Tags?

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Custom-tags/About-custom-tags/ta-p/35452

I understand that Care was designed to replace Custom Tags but...can care consume them? Set / unset them? 

Do you have all your internal members, who may want to be proposingExternal in Care?

keithkelly
      Leader

Thanks for the reply. Answers:

• Doing this from within community.  
      • yes, parallel ext/int structure
      • custom tags is what I was wondering about. But I’m unsure where those fit in the care/community mix. I suspect you’re onto something there. 
      • no, we only have 5 care licenses at the moment, and at $2k/ea we’ll stick with 5 for quite a while. The desire here is for our employees to flag an item to be reviewed by the overarching community moderators who use those 5 Care licenses.  

again thanks for helping me think through this. 

• I haven't started using Custom Tags yet (this discussion actually brought this subject back to my mod/content team).

But, I do know a bit about how they work, and yes, structurally they were/are kindof the precursor to Care (I think that's how my Acct Team put it).

Anyway, enabling custom tags opens up another backend location called "Moderation" at the top right beyond Admin / Studio / Publishing.

In there you'd have a list of things custom-tagged as "Externalize" but it's unclear to me how you might take the next steps in the workflow.

Maybe someone else with on-the-ground experience will have better advice.
    Worth a look anyway.