Forum Discussion

tmarshall
Advisor
9 years ago

Informatica and Bulk Data API

Hi,

We are attempting to connect and configure our informatica application to call the Bulk Data API. I'm posting this up to the general developer discussion to understand if there might be another community who might have this setup and what steps they took to get the connection up and working. Lithium Support is not aware of a community who might have this type of configuration, but would love to go into more depth if a community was successful in completing this integration.

Cheers,

Tim

• We managed to get Informatica to work by using 4 SSL certs (3 by lithium and 1 open ssl), and our middleware developer calling informatica support. So it does work it just takes 4 weeks of trial and error ;)

OlivierS
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

tmarshall I'm aware of some customer using it. I'm not sure they are calling it from Informatica though. Are you having issues connecting to it? If so, which ones?

tmarshall
      Advisor

We are having trouble setting up Informatica to establish the connection. That is out current issue. The advice we are getting from informatica is to use a client certificate issued by a certification authority (with public/private keys) only to be used to authenticate the user. At the moment Lithium holds the certificate and their advice is they we get our own (so we have the private key) but we are unclear if this will work, which is why I'm reaching out the community.

If people are using a tool to connect via Bulk API did they have to use their own client certificate for it to work? We are also working the Informatica end to understand what other options we have to try and establish a connection. Thanks for your input. 

OlivierS
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

tmarshall I'm far from being an expert, so the below might not be correct!

I would first advise you to have a go without Informatica. Curl is probably the easiest way to start:

curl “https://eu.api.lithium.com/lsi-data/v1/data/export/community/<community_id>?fromDate=YYYYMMDDhhmm&to...” –H “client-id: <client-id>” –u “<token>:”

If your instance is not in EMEA, then the command will be:

curl “https://api.lithium.com/lsi-data/v1/data/export/community/<community_id>?fromDate=YYYYMMDDhhmm&toDat...” –H “client-id: <client-id>” –u “<token>:”

Use a tiny date range for your tests as you will see you will pull tons of data.

The command lines have been truncated, please refer to our Bulk API guide.

Once it's working fine, move to Informatica. I'm not sure why you would need to install a certificate as the calls are made using https. But, if Informatica insists of you installing a certificate, just get the Lithium one. Try this command line:

openssl s_client -connect eu-api.lithium.com:443

or, if in the US

openssl s_client -connect api.lithium.com:443