Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Integrating custom Ideas Exchange integrations w/ Slack or Email

Hi there,

We are looking for a way to send internal notifications to our Product Management teams when an Idea w/ a certain labels hit a certain # of votes. We'd like for either a Slack or Email notification to be sent. 

For example:

An Idea w/ label 'Social Tool' hit 20 votes, a notification is immediately sent via email or a Slack channel to an assigned list of emails (i.e. PMs on our Social Tool team).

Does this make sense?

If this isn't out-of-the-box please advise on if/how we can leverage APIs, integrations, Zapier etc. 

• Out of box - No real options I know of.

We have used Zapier to pull in escalation emails (Thread is over 24 hours with no response for example), then have Zapier pick up those email subject lines, and pass the info into Slack).

For something specific like X kudos will trigger a notification, this doesn't exist in Lithium so you would need to likely setup something on your end to do the API call, check the total kudos, and then kick off a workflow on your side.

HSCommunity
      Expert

Thanks Stan! I thought as much - which API would I need to use, do you mind referring me to documentation? I'm not the dev expert but can pass onto the team! Thank you!

VarunGrazitti
        Boss

HSCommunity  - We have a solution available for this which is already in place, would be great if we can connect and show that to you. Please PM me and will share the details.