Forum Discussion

Toby
Executive
8 months ago

Is a Studio cheat sheet available?

Good day Titans,
I am creating a New Members Group within my community with resources to onboard new customers and make their initial experience positive and productive.
I would like to have a content widget with 5 different topics, each containing curated content and destination URLs. Think "choose your own adventure." This group will curate and earmark content to educate new customers and make it easy for them to find relevant information. 

My ask:
Is there a Studio cheat sheet that will clearly explain all the possible components? I would like to have a knowledge base and forum on the same page and create something like this without the need for members to toggle between Forum and Knowledge Base within a content widget.

Not sure I can do this without customization and debating if I should wait until our Aurora upgrade to implement. 

Thank you for your tips & suggestions.

Cheers,
Toby

• If the image provided is the specific look you desire, that would require a custom component. That being said, I would look at the Atlas articles around Group hub pages and quilts  as well as Group hub components. I am not aware of a cheat sheet for group hub components but in studio you can hover over a component and the pop up description will tell you which pages it can be used on.   

• There are a few more documents available detailing the OOTB components if this doesn't answer your question. LMK.

BlakeH
    Khoros Staff

Thanks CyJerviscaroleighdeneen, isxtn and phoneboy for helping out - lots of great resources in these replies!

Toby This seems like a discussion non-Titans could also benefit from. Is it alright if I move it to the broader community? Maybe the Developer Discussion area?

Please let me know by this Friday if that's okay - if I don't hear back, I'll assume it's safe to move and go ahead and move it. 👍

Toby
      Executive

Certainly BlakeH , I have no objection with you moving it.
      Cheers

• To do this properly will require custom components.

In one instance, we use a TKB with articles that have various labels and product associations that are pulled by a few different components.
    This works for both hosted assets and links to external assets, which I encode in the canonical URL field of the article and my code will read and use.
    The components themselves can be included on any page.
    it also minimizes code changes as I can enable people to make changes to the TKB, which then changes the menus.

I can share some code samples if it's relevant.

• Thank you all for your links and comments.
    I am putting this project on hold until our Aurora upgrade.
    Looking forward to the training and new UI tools.