Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Missing categories in Hamburger/Mobile menu

We have missing categories in Hamburger/Mobile menu. It seems like the categories on community structure which do not have any children categories/boards are not being displayed in the Khoros OOB Hamburger menu. 

Is this a known issue which has a fix? If not, then is overriding the current menu is the best option or creating a new custom menu itself?

• I remember running into this about a year ago and we ultimately went the route of creating a custom menu.

Just thinking about the situation, I wonder what would happen if you created a group hub inside the category with the "hidden" membership type.  I know creating a "filler" node is less than ideal, but it might be a bandaid until a better solution comes around, assuming it works.

• akshays - Having a custom menu gives you much more control over your list items. Overriding alone won't solve the issue since you will only be able to either append or prepend to the OOTB nav. As jeffshurtliff mentioned, give it a go with a custom one.

See this example

I hope this helps.

• I was going through the Community Admin settings tonight and stumbled upon the Display empty categories in the Go To menu setting on the Display > Categories page, which may be the solution you're looking for.

TedV
      Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi akshays ,

If any of the replies successfully answered your query, would you mind marking it as an accepted solution, please?

Thanks!

• On June 30, 2021, I was told by Support that this is a known issue.  However, I have not received an update.

• Hi jamiemccardle, I have passed on your query to support, our support team will look into this and respond back to you!