Forum Discussion

jaikumar1
Mentor
7 years ago

New content type

Hi,

I'm looking into have some specific content type, and which i plan to use for our new implementation. For this content type, we need to have 4 to 5 fields. So is there is any possibility we can get this option?

As i understood we can achieve with help of Community structure to create something similar to the requirement. But here i understood we can have only 3 fields, and not having option to add additional field if required. So please suggest me on this.

• jaikumar1 You can send a support ticket to Lithium to help you add new fields into the "new post form". I have done that before.
      jaikumar1
      Mentor

Thank you TariqHussain and peterlu,

For this requirement, we just want to make it easy for the user to enter required details. For your suggestion helpful to me, so i will think, and i will use it.

jaikumar1
      Mentor

Hi TariqHussain,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes i want like same, and i want to have more fields(apart from title, description and attachment) for our requirement.

TariqHussain
        Boss

jaikumar1 - You can simply store any extra information for a board inside a custom content. 

Example you want to have a long description field (extra field) for a board. 

You need a free custom content which you can update for that specific board.

You also can keep all extra field information into single custom content using Json format or you can have a separate custom content for each field

There are APIs call available to fetch the custom content value for specific. You can get the content value and show it as long description.