Forum Discussion

VF_Marcus
Contributor
9 years ago

New OOTB component?

Hello guys,

Since this is my first post I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marcus. I’m 27 years old and I work as a community manager for Vodafone (https://forum.vodafone.de/) in Leipzig/Halle (Germany).

A few weeks ago I sent a support request to Lithium to get assistance for an idea. This idea is not offered by Lithium at the moment. That is why I was asked to registere here and look if there is a solution or an alternative way.

My concern:

We are regularly publishing content with helpful recommendations for technicial problems in our forum. They appear as threads in the suitable boards. Due to the fact that our customers use the same way to communicate it is difficult for others to find our own topics. They simply get lost. Hence we would like to promote our topics on our welcome page (see screenshot).

There should be an out-of-the-box component which reads out the most recent or most viewed topics systematically.

Is this idea practicable or does anyone have an alternative realisation?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Toolbox VF.jpg
    PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi VF_Marcus

welcome to the Developers Discussion area!

It looks like you want to surface certain threads from a specific forum (i.e. those published by your team). This is possible with some customization in Lithium Studio. You could create a custom component that pulls these threads from your forum using REST APIs ( see for example our messages collection for the REST v2 API ). You could use labels to mark the threads that are contributed by your team, and then filter your query with that label.

Then it's just a matter of rendering the results. You might want to have a look at our code samples to get an idea on what is needed.

I hope this helps!