Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Only Show Menu - if User Has Permissions To Contents?

I added a Group:  "Group Hubs" and created a Group Hub inside there: "FooBar Hub"

Now, the MENU "Group Hubs" shows for everybody, yet it's empty.

How can I only show menus if the user has access to the contents?

• Hi Keith! The Category for "Group Hubs" should be set to "Deny" for some default permissions such as "See Category", "Read Posts", "Submit Posts". Copying what's in place for the Moderation Category Defaults.  Then the roles that SHOULD be allowed to view the Category need to be added and set to Allow for those same areas.  Create a private forum is the source doc for that rec.  I can help you directly as well. Let me know!

ScottR
    Khoros Expert

Hi Keith! The Category for "Group Hubs" should be set to "Deny" for some default permissions such as "See Category", "Read Posts", "Submit Posts". Copying what's in place for the Moderation Category Defaults.  Then the roles that SHOULD be allowed to view the Category need to be added and set to Allow for those same areas.  Create a private forum is the source doc for that rec.  I can help you directly as well. Let me know!

• Hello keithkelly

Can you please help me with screenshots with more details, and by the group, do you mean a category?

keithkelly
      Leader

Ah yes, category.  

So I have a category "Group Hubs"

• Group Hub A
      • Group Hub B

Jimmy doesn't have access to either, yet he sees the "Group Hubs" category dropdown (which is empty)

MohammedSh

keithkelly, thank you for elaborating! To confirm, are you using an OOTB menu, or have you customized it?