Forum Discussion

chrigu
Guide
10 years ago

Problem when trying to find messages with status

Hi all

I've found a thread that explains how to find messages for a certain status (in an idea node). That worked on a project that I worked on earlier but now I'm trying to do the same thing, but it's somehow not working and I wonder if I need to change some settings somewhere.

I've created a status in the admin interface called "open". Then I assigned it to an idea. When I make an API call with

/boards/id/superidea/posts/

In the response I see that the idea has the message_status assigned to it and I also see the status' ID (66)

When I then run 

/boards/id/superidea/posts/for/message_statuses/id/66

In the response I get 0 for count and in my opinion it should be at least 1. I also tried topics and replies instead of posts in the url, but I had no success.

Any clues would be helpful ;)

thanks

chris

• Hi chrigu 

have you raised this issue on our Support Board ? It sounds as if there could be a problem with the call and they mayt be able to help.

Thanks,

PaoloT
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi chrigu 

have you raised this issue on our Support Board ? It sounds as if there could be a problem with the call and they mayt be able to help.

Thanks,

OlivierS
      Lithium Alumni (Retired)

chrigu 

If you are trying to get the status of an idea, you need to get the status of the root idea, not the replies, otherwise it would fail.

If it's not the case, the as PaoloT mentioned, you might want to ask the question to the support board. 

chrigu
        Guide
        @OliverS
        Thanks for the reply but it seems to be an issue I have to check with the support