Forum Discussion

cike
Champion
9 years ago

Query messages by tag using API v2

Hi,

I'm currently working on a component which show all messages for given tag. To get all messages I want to use REST API v2.

My request looks like this:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE depth = 0 AND conversation.style IN ('forum', 'group') AND tags.text IN ('Router') LIMIT 10 OFFSET 0

The tags.text constraint is listed within the documentation of the message resource. But if I read the JSON response, the tags object only contains the query attribute.

Is there another way to query all messages for a given tag by using API v2?

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian

• Maybe I found a solution by myself. I tried using the MATCHES operator and this seems to work:

SELECT * FROM messages WHERE depth = 0 AND conversation.style IN ('forum', 'group') AND tags.text MATCHES ('${tag_filter}') LIMIT ${page_size} OFFSET ${offset}
      irach15
      Maven

Hi cike,

I was looking for something else and found your question.

Sorry, it might be too late and you've already figured it out :-)

Anyway,

here is the way how I'm getting all messages tagged with a specific tag

<#assign messages = rest("2.0","/search?q=" + "SELECT id, body, subject, view_href, post_time, board.id, teaser, board FROM messages WHERE tags.text = 'sometag' AND depth=0 ORDER BY post_time DESC LIMIT 10"?url) />

you can mention 'conversation.style' and other restrictions. you can try 'restadmin' if you don't see it.

------------------------

BTW, I'm looking how to get all tags and/or labels for a specific article without mentioning an article id, just any article when the user views it.

Any idea?

Thank you.

ChhamaJ
        Khoros Staff

Hi irach15

You can try to do some thing like this 

select * from tags where messages.id = '1'

You will have to provide message id though.

Regards,
        Chhama