Forum Discussion

pp_01
Mentor
7 years ago

Removing OOTB Labels component from OOTB topic-message component.

Hi everyone,

On our Forum Topic Page, we have the OOTB topic-message component positioned in the main-content. I would like to know that if there's any way I can add any xml parameters to remove the OOTB  Labels component which is coming in side the topic-message component so that all the other content coming inside the topic-message component can be retained and only the Labels component can be removed. Thanks in advance.

• Hi pp_01,

You can achieve your requirement by either removing the component or in case you want to do with parameter approach then yes you can pass XML parameter such as visibility="hide" and fetch the value of that parameter inside custom component using the following method :
    <#assign visibility = env.context.component.getParameter("visibility")!"" />
    After that wrap the labels component according to your condition in if tag.
  • pp_01

You can remove <labels> component from the ForumMessage Quilt.

<community-URL>/t5/bizapps/bizappspage/tab/community%3Astudio%3Apage-editor?page=ForumMessage

pp_01
      Mentor

Thanks Neha. This can be an answer to my question but the requirement is something like only for the ForumTopicPage, labels should not come but if the Forum Message quilt is directly being used somewhere else, removing the labels from Forum Message quilt can cause issues. That's why I was I was looking for another approach. Apart from using css or the removing labels from the Forum Message quilt, is there any other way like are there any parameters through which it can be achieved.

nehaSharma
        Expert

pp_01

You can achieve this by :

1) Create a Custom ForumMessage Page and Map it to desired Forum Topic Page in the Admin section.

2)  Create a Custom component and add it to the  ForumMessage Page Quilt with the following conditions -

<#if page.name != 'ForumTopicPage'>

<@component id = 'labels' />

</#if>

• pp_01 - Just to add to ClaudiusH answer. This quilt is also being used on ReplyPage, EditPage, PostPage (Preview mode). You can hide if you are to hide labels from those pages as well or you can go with nehaSharma solution.

• Hi pp_01,

You can achieve your requirement by either removing the component or in case you want to do with parameter approach then yes you can pass XML parameter such as visibility="hide" and fetch the value of that parameter inside custom component using the following method :
    <#assign visibility = env.context.component.getParameter("visibility")!"" />
    After that wrap the labels component according to your condition in if tag.