Contributor
11 years ago

restAPI /authentication/sessions/login user.login: 15 characters in length

Trying to login from a EC2 instance using curl.  I get this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<response status="error">

<error code="100">

<message>

user.login: This value must be shorter than 15 characters in length.

</message>

</error>

</response>

Yes the user name is longer than 15 characters.  Not sure why a longer username is an issue?

curl:

curl -d "user.login=xxxx&user.password=xxxxx" http://community.xxxx.com/restapi/vc/authentication/sessions/login

• Hi klava,

The "login" field in user object is default to 15 characters out-of-the-box. you may want to contact Lithium Support to increase the length limit for your community. (this feature is not avaiable via admin/studio yet).

NicoB
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi sklava 

what happens if you try to login into that same community using the standard login page? Do you get an error if you try to login using that login name?

It might be that the login name has been restricted to a maximum of 15 characters for that community.

Login fields can be customized by our customers and so this might be the case.

Thanks,

Nico

sklava
      Contributor
      Nico,

I have no issue logging in to the site with the same credentials via a browser. I am developing an api service that uses the API and need to be able to login via the API. But if this is a configuration issue I would need instructions for my client to change the config. Just seems like an odd limit/requirement as most user names will be more than 15 characters...
        HaidongG
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi klava,

The "login" field in user object is default to 15 characters out-of-the-box. you may want to contact Lithium Support to increase the length limit for your community. (this feature is not avaiable via admin/studio yet).