Forum Discussion

3 years ago

SDK - Gulp errors

Hello!

I'm trying to install and setting up Community SDK plugin at my machine. After some issues related to the node version used by the plugin, I was able to export the Studio plugin. 

I can see all the folder structure and files, but when I run gulp, I have this error message:

[14:04:07] 'plugin-build' errored after 314 ms
[14:04:07] TypeError in plugin 'run-sequence(watch-text)'
Stack:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined
 at Gulp.<anonymous> (/Users/xxx/community/community-project/node_modules/lithium-sdk/gulp/watch.js:111:55)

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Can be  dependencies that are no longer compatible with the way that gulpfile have been written? 

IanKl
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

What are you running Gulp to do? Not part of SDK usage, right?

It may be that you need to install Node Version Manager, which allows you to change your Node version depending on what apps you're using

ebonifacio
      Mentor

Hello!!

SuzieH  I already have NVM, I'm using node 8.12 , and actually I'm not running any other project here. I'm just trying to set up Community Plugin SDK.

IanKl  I'll  build a new skin. I need gulp to watch the CSS (SCSS) modifications.  And when I exported the project, there's already a gulpfile.js.  If you have a better solution, I'd be glad to test. 

IanKl
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)
        • What platform are you on, Windows or Mac?
        • The SDK documentation recommends Node.js 8.3.0
        • You should not be running Gulp directly. You should be using the Lithium-SDK commands, i.e., li package-plugin and li submit-plugin -- is that what you're doing when you get this error?
        • Have you checked your server.conf.json file to make sure the settings are correct?
          • Make sure that the setting is "strictMode": false

I'll keep an eye out on this thread until we resolve this for you. I know that setting up the SDK can be really frustrating; I'm here to help.