Forum Discussion

dementad
Genius
11 years ago

Subscribing to pre-defined labels

I need a way to automatically subscribe moderators to some predefined labels *before* they are used. I have an Ideas Exchange set up and all new ideas must include at least one label (product name). I want all moderators for [product name] to automatically receive notification when an idea is posted for the product.

./restapi/vc/boards/id/[board_id]/labels/predefined

returns:

<response status="success">
<labels/>
</response>

which is true enough, but the labels aren't listed.

If I create dummy ideas using each label, subscribe to the label and then delete the idea... what happens to the label subscription?
  • I tested this out and I found that predefined labels showed up in the results of the ./restapi/vc/boards/id/[board_id]/labels/predefined call, even if I had not created any ideas with those labels, as long as I had either the "Use only predefined labels" or the "

DougS
    Khoros Oracle

I tested this out and I found that predefined labels showed up in the results of the ./restapi/vc/boards/id/[board_id]/labels/predefined call, even if I had not created any ideas with those labels, as long as I had either the "Use only predefined labels" or the "

dementad
      Genius
      Yes, that was the problem. I thought I had both defined, but had only defined "user only." Thanks!
      BrodieJpk
      Guide

Thanks Doug, and yes this question is one I'm working on. 

I'm a front-end moderator, don't quite know about making these 'calls' of code to make things happen.

Is there another way to do this at the front-end? I'm assuming it's Switch Profile to the applicable moderator and subscribing them manually?

Thanks!