Forum Discussion

peterlu
Champion
10 years ago

Urgent - Custom Content Breaks in ADMIN backend - All customers are affected - data lost

Hi Lithium,

We have recently experiencing Custom Content errors in ADMIN. When we select custom conent 1-9, it get stucked.

Example,

If I first select Custom Content 2, then select Custom Content 3, even though Custom Content select dropdown says 3, the data in textarea is still 2.

So my customers are not able to do their daily jobs in custom content.

This is a huge bug which needs to be fixed ASAP.

Peter

• We have this issue on our community as well, however there's a simple workaround you can use until Lithium get it fixed.

When you enter the Custom Content area you can use the drop down to switch the custom content field you want to view once. If you then need to switch a second time, you just need to move your mouse to the left nav and click "custom content" and it will cause the page to reset. You can then switch again.

Takes maybe 10 seconds longer to switch due to extra clicks and mouse move.

It'a an annoying bug, but it's not the show stopper it's presented as here.
    OlivierS
    10 years ago

All,

I had a look at the issue in our 14.7, 14.8 and 14.9 releases and confirm this is a bug.
    A workaround has already been provided by @dasyurid.
    But you might want to just add ?setting_prefix=customcontent.x (where x is the component number) at the end of your Custom Content URL in Admin and press enter to get to the correct Custom Content.

The good news is that it has been fixed in our 14.10 release.

For futher information on when your specific community will be upgraded, please open up a ticket with the support team and we can certainly help with that.

• We have this issue on our community as well, however there's a simple workaround you can use until Lithium get it fixed.

When you enter the Custom Content area you can use the drop down to switch the custom content field you want to view once. If you then need to switch a second time, you just need to move your mouse to the left nav and click "custom content" and it will cause the page to reset. You can then switch again.

Takes maybe 10 seconds longer to switch due to extra clicks and mouse move.

It'a an annoying bug, but it's not the show stopper it's presented as here.
        OlivierS
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)

All,

I had a look at the issue in our 14.7, 14.8 and 14.9 releases and confirm this is a bug.
        A workaround has already been provided by @dasyurid.
        But you might want to just add ?setting_prefix=customcontent.x (where x is the component number) at the end of your Custom Content URL in Admin and press enter to get to the correct Custom Content.

The good news is that it has been fixed in our 14.10 release.

For futher information on when your specific community will be upgraded, please open up a ticket with the support team and we can certainly help with that.

OlivierS
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

peterlu

I would advise to raise a case with our support providing more information (customers, urls, web-browser, screenshots) in order to get a faster response / fix.

• Yes, this is indeed a problem we are facing on our communities as well, this is a global issue and needs a fix ASAP.