Forum Discussion

d4ng
Guide
8 years ago

Where can I find m-p param?

Hi I need to know where I can find in LiQL param "m-p"?  ("view_href" : "/t5/Na-karte/testowanie-ograniczenia-znakow/m-p/1884#M12",) because I won't display all post with this param (m-p)

RogerW
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hello Christoph,

I may be able to help clarify this a bit with regards to the /td-p/ and /m-p/.  In the case of a root message, which is what I you have in your example,  a root message can have a link to a topic page /td-p/ and also the message page /m-p/.  

Each reply does have its own link as well.  If you click on the 3 vertical dots on the right side of the reply and select "permalink" you can see the link there.

Hope that helps,

Roger

omygoodness
      Mentor

VarunGrazitti Do you know how to differentiate posts in such categories:

1. Posts - standard user posts - in url we have m-p or td-p

2. Posts with accepted solutions - in url we have m-p

3. Articles from knowledge base - in url we have tkb or ta-p 

Where I can find m-p, td-p, ta-p parameters? Maybe there is another way?

I need to create XML for search engine where user will choose in which category he want to search. That is why I need to create "filters" or "categories"

d4ng
      Guide

Hi thank you for your answer but it is not the solution to my problem. I want to know where in database kept these parameters:

t5/Baza-wiedzy-Telewizja/Wyłączenie-kanałów-SD-TV/ta-p/12414

t5/Ogłoszenia/Wszystkiego-najlepszego/td-p/14701

t5/Abonament/Jaki-jest-aktualny-nr-faksu/m-p/15565

etc. 

for example:

I need query to display all post from "td-p

• d4ng - You need to use conversation_style from this doc. To get all the ta-p, you can use this call.

SELECT message FROM boards WHERE conversation_style = 'tkb'

I hope this helps.

• Hey all, 

during my search regarding the url structure, I came across this discussion. Could anybody tell me the difference between these two urls? 

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Changing-email-addresses-when-employee-leaves-company-I-can-t/m-p/652391

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Changing-email-addresses-when-employee-leaves-company-I-can-t/td-p/652391

Why has one /td-p/ and the other one /m-p/ in the url? 

td-p is a thread and m-p stands for message. But why is the ID the same? 

VarunGrazitti has tried to explain it, but I did get it. 😕 

And the last question: as my SEO colleagues have told me that could have an impact on SEO. So in my understanding we should avoid those kinds od URL. 

Regards

Christoph

• Thanks for the link, keep sharing this type of info