Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Turn off the "You accepted a reply to a topic you are following as a solution!" email

Hello!

I have a pet peeve against the "You accepted a reply to a topic you are following as a solution!" email. Since you did it yourself, you don't need an email about it! Also, the title is really cumbersome.

I don't know how to adjust the email text / logic in the "Accepted Solution Notification" email (https://YOUR-STAGING-URL/t5/bizapps/bizappspage/tab/community%3Astudio%3Atext-editor%3Aemail?email=solution_to_question&lang=en) to completely get rid of this email, though. Is it possible?

Thanks!

• Hi,

I dont know about turning it off but however re-purposing it, rather than a notification of what you've already done maybe shift the copy so it's more of a "Hey thanks for accepting one of our answers as a solution, by doing so you're helping other customers find answers faster"

You can edit this in STUDIO> TEXT EDITOR>EMAIL TEXT> then just select the email in question.

• Hi,

I dont know about turning it off but however re-purposing it, rather than a notification of what you've already done maybe shift the copy so it's more of a "Hey thanks for accepting one of our answers as a solution, by doing so you're helping other customers find answers faster"

You can edit this in STUDIO> TEXT EDITOR>EMAIL TEXT> then just select the email in question.

Fellsteruk
        Boss
        Your welcome, I've found that the easiest and best way to leverage the value of the email notifications.

I use my "verify email notification" to make new users aware of solutions and kudos, nothing over the top but just a little creative to surface it, most people may not read it but even if a few do and then feel comfortable adding a kudo then its worth it :)
      tealiumjustin
      Expert

I'm curious about this too.

I understand that any user can subscribe/follow a topic and when there's an accepted solution a notification should be sent. And isn't it true that the author of a topic is automatically subscribed to their own thread? I still wouldn't expect the author to be notified about an accepted solution immediately after they accept a solution on their own topic.

I'm interested in knowing how to turn this off, too. The re-wording of the email is an OK work-around, but that messaging is better displayed directly in the page.