Forum Discussion

mitchellworks
Contributor
7 years ago

Add author images to standard components

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there is a parameter that can be added to standard components that have author columns, so that they display the author image as well as the author name? Such as in the latest threads component:

<component id="forums.widget.recent-threads"/>

something like

<component id="forums.widget.recent-threads" author-image="true" />

or... ??

Thanks,

Amber Mitchell

P.S. wouldn't it be lovely to have a list of standard component usages and options??

• Hi mitchellworks,

As Parshant has said there is no known way to show/hide author images but you can re-create the component manually. You could also use javascript to do this.

I would also like to mention that there is a list of the out of the box components that are available here on this thread, Studio - About components. However, I have not found documentation noting the additional parameters that you can use.

If anyone knows where we can find that let us know. :smileylol:

Related Links:

Studio components list - Community Version 18.6

luk
      Boss

mitchellworks

You/we cannot do that, but Lithiums Professional Services Team have means to do that by adding custom columns to these widgets (have seen it done). These custom columns are simply custom components (that you can then also see in studio) but to add them to the default OOB components you need to contact PS (I don't think support will do that...). I think they call them "Row Templates" internally, but don't quote me on that!

Regarding OOB component parameters: No, there is no complete documentation that I'm aware of, some of these options are scattered around in the Lithosphere, in some obscure PDFs, some internal documentation I got to peek into once or twice (don't have it myself though), some of them are also documented in these "Tooltip"-things that show up when you hover over a default Component in studio (on the quilts section where you can drag and drop components into a quilt) and then click into the tooltip, but this is not always the case and not everything you can do is documented there either (not sure how different that documentation is from the one in the PDF that Jake_N mentioned. Maybe SuzieH has a better answer here, she's the queen of the docs =)!