Forum Discussion

peterlu
Champion
8 years ago

Custom Page SEO

Hi Lithium,

We are creating a custom page (/t5/custom/page/page-id/xxx-support). We are able to change the page title by going into text editor and do this: page.xxx-support.title = SEO title

We also want to change the <meta content="xxxxxxx" name="description"/>. I don't know how to update the description field.

Any suggestions?

Peter

• Hi peterlu,

In our community, we place Meta tags in Page header and updates the description (from Custom Text) with Free Marker.

For Example in Page header.

<#if page.name == "xxx-support">

<meta content="xxxxxxx" name="${text.format("xxx-Description")}"/>.

</#if>

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Phani

peterlu
      Champion

phani I know we can do freemarker to add <meta> tag in. But the problem is that Lithium is producing the <meta name="description"> already. If I use freemarker to create another <meta name="description">, then on the page html, it will have 2 <meta name="description">. This will cause SEO problems.

phani
        Advisor

Hi peterlu,

I did not see Lithium default description tag for one of my custom page. So assumed the solution might work. 

I am also trying to get solution for this. Will keep you update on this.

Thanks,

Phani

peterlu
      Champion

VarunGrazitti Fellsteruk  Thanks for your suggestions. But your solutions have been rejected by our customers.

They just want to know how to modify the SEO description for a custom page.

• Hi peterlu - Since the SEO is limited to the nodes which are available in the community structure, I am not certain if this is available for the custom pages yet. You might get a possible workaround from support.
  • peterlu - How about creating a custom boards page and then mapping it to a boards page in the community structure. That way, you get more control on the tags.

I hope this helps.