Forum Discussion

vmalla
Adept
7 years ago

Gateway Timeout 504 error

Hi Team,

I'm getting a Gateway timeout error.

{"status":"Gateway timeout","message":"","statusCode":504}

This is not consistent. When I hit from postman, I'm getting response correctly and sometimes I'm getting the above error. 

Below is the query I'm hitting

https://api.lithium.com/community/v1/<tenancyid>//boards/id/<boardname>/threads?page_size=1000&page=1&restapi.response_format=json

I'm using OAuthRequest java class for establishing connection and fetching response.

Any idea on how to handle this?

I'm open for suggestions.

AndrewF
    Khoros Oracle

You will likely find that using a smaller page size will avoid the error, since smaller responses and smaller data sets tend to take less time to service.

Are you sure you need thousands of threads for a given board at once? Is there a chance you can leverage caching and additional request parameters to request less data?

• vmalla

By default API response time is low but response time can be increased. You need to raise a ticket to support. 

vmalla
      Adept

Hi, 

Just wondering if there is any other alternative as I don't have access to raise support ticket.

VikasB
        Boss

vmalla

There is no alternate way. You need to shoot a mail to support team at support@lithium.com. If you do not have admin access then yoiu can keep your community manager in CC.