Forum Discussion

pp_01
Mentor
4 months ago

How to change Post Page text keys based on the content type (eg, blog, forum, tkb) of that Post Page

Hello guys. I have a requirement where I need to change a specific text key on the Post Pages based on the content type (e.g., blog, forum, TKB) that the user will be creating by clicking on the "Create" button from any content type board. For example for a blog Post Page the button should say "Start a Blog".

SC- 

1. Is there any way it can be achieved by suffixing the text key with any already used parameter? I know for quilts we can use e.g. - @page:TkbPage as a suffix and it overrides the text key on that page. But as the post page uses the same quilt I want to know if there are any separate parameters for differentiating between them.

2. If I have to use freemarker then how can I use coreNode.nodeType for getting it's parent node and type or any other default parameter for achieving this?

3. If it is achievable by using JavaScript then what steps should be followed and would it be a good approach?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• You could try the @place:tkb suffix, although not sure if it works for the post page as it is a global page and so might not have the appropriate "context". If it doesn't work let me know then we can explore other options!