Forum Discussion

phoneboy
Director
5 years ago

How to customize the User Hovercard

Is there any way to add items to the profile hovercard that pops up when you click on a username?
I want to add a component that I've already written to it.

• phoneboy We no longer use this, but, iirc you'll want to edit the quilt in stage "Profile Plus Hovercard".  You can add an additional component in there that has what you want to display.  Give it a spin in your stage instance.Capture.PNG  

phoneboy
      Director

Changing that component has zero effect in my staging.

Fellsteruk
        Boss

The profile plus hovercard i believe was/is legacy from the klout days and the hovercards which are OTB for khors are something else. You can however edit them as i have changed the look n feel as well as surface custom user fields based on roles but it did require dev work

• phoneboy  - Yes, this is possible using a little bit of custom work. We can define a workflow of what the behaviour would be on each hover and then click.

AlanA - Let's discuss this 🙂

AlanA
      Genius

Hey VarunGrazitti  - I'm now chatting with Payal about this. Thanks for tagging me 🙂 

phoneboy
      Director

Basically all I'm looking to do is add my custom component (or its code) into what shows currently. The component will just show some additional profile information if a user of a specific role is viewing the hovercard. For everyone else it should look the same.

• Following as we're looking to do the same thing 🙂