Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Is there any OTHER way to access Community Analytics? (besides the Community Dashboard widget)?

Both Khoros Support & this article indicate the Community Analytics page can *only* be accessed through the Community Dashboard widget. 

While I trust it's true, this seems absurd. 

What sort of sorcery can that widget do that a URL can't?  Is some sort of JavaScript/AJAX prepping a session or something?

Perhaps I'll add the goofy module to some obscure page, push to prod, dig in, and report back... but if anyone knows off the top of your head, here's another kudo opportunity.

• Lol, you asking these crazy wild questions, while I long ago just gave up and accept that I’ll forever have the widget at the bottom of our homepage.

Though similarly if you have never… ever… used it, what in the world have you been viewing/assuming is Community Analytics?  Like… you aren’t solely using the reporting found in Community Admin… right?  RIGHT?

I legitimately am confused if me and Cy are confused, or if you are actually about to have one of those “OMG” moments.

keithkelly
      Leader

StanGromerNailed it.  I'd like to nominate your reply as the most applicable, proper, on-target replies of all time. BlakeH take note of the user who was unafraid to speak truth.

StanGromer wrote:
      long ago just gave up and accept that I’ll forever have the widget at the bottom of our homepage

Wise advice.

StanGromer wrote:
      what in the world have you been viewing/assuming is Community Analytics? Like… you aren’t solely using the reporting found in Community Admin… right? RIGHT?

Wrong...ish (sheepishly-ish....).   I've been absolutely despising the abysmal abhorrence of the Community Admin Metrics section, while finding some minor level of satisfaction in Care's "Community Analytics" section - which is sort of like the newfound Community Analytics area but not quite. 

StanGromer wrote:
      I legitimately am confused if me and Cy are confused, or if you are actually about to have one of those “OMG” moments.

Oh, this is absolutely an "OMG" moment..

But c'mon, why the flippin' heck can't there be a "Community Analytics" tab within admin that passes in a freaking session ID?  😂🤪

BlakeH
        Khoros Staff

I agree - sharing fair and candid feedback is StanGromer's super strength (along with building really cool stuff via customizations). 💪

The above is great feedback in general. Passing onto the product folks - I appreciate it.

JohnD
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, all, for the rich discussion here. I, too, have been confused by the placement of this access point over the years.

Some potential good news for you ... this is solved in Aurora. Analytics is a primary section within the Admin experience. The first release of Analytics for Aurora will be in the next monthly release, so keep an eye out for it, if you're in the Aurora Preview program.

• Ok, now I have to ask, how are you accessing other items normally in the Community Dashboard such as the Admin Console and spam quarantine?

I will admit that having to use the dashboard link is a hinderance as I will sometimes save a community analytics report url so I don't have to recreate it. Using the direct link results in an access error, unless I first enter community analytics via the dashboard link and then open the saved link. 

keithkelly
      Leader

Maybe I'm missing some cool stuff, but

We have not yet had to use the Spam quarantine, as we're internal-only at this point, and even once we go external its B2B and each user will be signed on through their organization via federated SSO.

• Ok, it looks like that link passes in an authentication token.  I'm not sure where else to get the token from to build this link. 

For now, I put that widget on the View User Profile page.

Oh well.