Forum Discussion

khill
Mentor
7 years ago

New Board Data from API Not Returning?

Hi everyone,

I am passing a very basic API call every month to capture any changes to our board metadata. 

https://api.lithium.com/community/2.0/[tenantid]/search?q=SELECT%09*%20FROM%20boards%20LIMIT%201000&client_id=[clientID]&api.pretty_print=true&format=xml

LiQL query = SELECT * FROM boards LIMIT 100

We added a couple of new boards over the last month, but these new board IDs are not returning in my API call.  However, I can call the board individually and the data returns correctly for this new board:

https://api.lithium.com/community/2.0/[tenantid]/search?q=SELECT%09*%20FROM%20boards%20WHERE%20id%20%3D%20%27dspip_tools%27%20LIMIT%20100&client_id=[clientid]&api.pretty_print=true&format=xml

LiQL query = SELECT * FROM boards WHERE id = 'dspip-tools' LIMIT 100

Any ideas why the more general call is not working?  I can confirm it is returning updated info for the previously existing boards (i.e. title, description, etc.) just not returning the new board data.

• khill There might be following reasons for this:

1.  Either the boards are hidden
    2.  There are more than 100 results
      khill
      Mentor

Hi nehaSharma - thank you for your quick reply and troubleshooting ideas!

So this is what is so odd, I can confirm that:

1) boards are not hidden via the individual pull as both boards return <hidden>false</hidden>

2) general pull is less than 100 records as size returns as 

<list_item_type>board</list_item_type>

<size>58</size>

Any other ideas I might be missing?

ttadej
        Advisor
        Another thing that could be happening is you have boards that are inside a category restricted to certain user roles, or the boards themselves are restricted.. and the 'user' making the API call doesn't have these permissions.