Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Prevent Some Subscription Notification Emails

Hi all,

I received a request to customize my client's Community to prevent notifications for replies on Idea discussion posts. Initial exploration suggests that I can change the email templates for all notifications, but don't immediately see a way to prevent some of the notifications from sending.

I believe this to be a similar request without a solution from last year:
https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Prevent-sending-emails-on-some-badges/m-p/668032 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

• Hi princely-oclc : Can you check this option available in the Notification setting not sure it will satisfy your full requirements.

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhishek Illindra

princely-oclc
      Helper

The board in question is an Idea board, so it is not a TKB, Blog, or Events board.

Is it possible to customize the notification to apply this setting to Ideas, as well? If so, then this setting could potentially solve my concern.

• princely-oclc You should be able to manage this through the default config at the node level:

Toggle off - allow board subscriptions [admin - system - subscriptions]
    Deny node default permissions for subscriptions [admin - users - permissions}

princely-oclc
      Helper

Hi MohammedF,

Thanks for the suggestion!

For this use case, the users want to subscribe to the board, but only receive notifications for new Ideas, and not replies to those ideas.

Since the setting you suggested would prevent all board subscriptions, that won't allow the users to receive notifications for new Ideas.

Does Community have a way to create a new custom notification or have a distinct "new thread" notification? I don't see those in the docs, so imagine it does not.

Glad for your help.