Forum Discussion

sachin
Mentor
8 years ago

[SDK] unable to update email tenplate

Hi,

I am trying to use SDK for development. I imported email template from my current instance which was customized using plugin export command. I was able to get it in SDK folder. After that I made changes and pushed it successfully. However did not see any changes in instance.

Then I tried creating a new custom template in SDk and pushed it. Changes were successfully added there and I was able to see the changes. I made changes in the same template using UI and save them. Then I exported the plugin again. I can see the see changes in SD as well. I added some more changes to same template and pushed the plugin successfully. After this i am not able to see thee changes in instance.

Does SDK stop working or can not override once we have made changes in UI for email template. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sachin

• sachin You need to set the template to default version by clicking on "Use Default" button under the email template. After that submit the plugin through SDK by using "text" only in the pluginPoints array in server.config.json file(See screenshot for referencereference.PNG). This will upload and override the studio version email templates. 

sachin
      Mentor

VarunGrazitti so if we have customized email template to start with in our environment we  can not use SDK for email templates then ?

Thanks,
      Sachin

• sachin - You can, but whenever you make a change from the studio for the components which were created in SDK, studio changes override the SDK changes for that particular component.