Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Uploading new emoji's. Process and risks?

Hi All,

We're designing some new emoji's for our text editor/post page and have a couple of questions.

What is the process for uploading these new emoji's. Can we replace the old ones and get in the new ones.
What happens to old emoji's used inside the posts if we replace them with the new ones?

Fellsteruk. I know you have customized yours. Maybe you can help me out a wee bit :-)

Cheers
Wendy

• I don't know if this is an answer you're interested in, Wendy_S - but I simply asked support to disable emojis within our editor in favor of native emojis that are now ubiquitous. I posted about how to use native emojis here: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Tips-Tricks/How-to-Use-emojis-in-your-posts/m-p/8015

When we disabled emojis in the editor, I'm 99% sure that the existing emojis that people had used (there weren't many) remained - but it's worth testing to confirm.

Cheers!

• Hey,

Yeah, you can do this! Just need to raise a support ticket including your new emoji in .PNG format and a spreadsheet containing the alias, asset name and text key "see attached" Support will apply the new emoji in stage for you to test before going into production, i had an issue with a dodgy asset on one of the CDN's which was a pain to flush out but the support guys sorted that. 

With regards to existing emoji's if you use the same alias and asset names they will get updated with the new ones, from memory i re-used some but not all and just took the hit that some posts for a small amount of time will have a missing emoji but a small price to pay to get good emoji

Fellsteruk
      Boss

Last bit of feedback..... 

I wanted to increase the size of my emoji, stock ones are tiny... boy was that a tricky one to get right, I think we settled on 32x32, any larger and they look massive in the WYSIWYG and also impact the line spacing when used in-line of a body of text. 

• Wendy_S

We can not update these at our end. You have to send the emojis to support team so they can update it.  A couple of months back I was on the same page so I raised a ticket to support. Here is the reverted message from the support team. 

Thanks for contacting Lithium Customer Support. I have looked into your issue. If you want to add updated emoticons to your community you have to send us those emoticons images. So that we can add it to your community. Please send those emoticons images to us at your earliest convenience.