Forum Discussion

3 years ago

visit duration not available for visits.visit-summary events in Bulk Data API v2

Hi there,

Does anyone know the reason why some of the 'visits.visit-summary' events might not be propagating anything in the visit_duration? According to the Bulk Data API v2 documentation that is the sole purpose of this action_type. 

Also, does anyone know how is the visit_duration generated for single action_type visits such as view? 

Can someone please help our team figure this out?

• Hi @safikhan,

visit_duration field won’t present when a visit contains just one user activity (like just a pageview). To deliver visit_duration we need at least two user activities in a session.

The absence of visit_duration is equivalent to visit_duration = 0; let’s take an example: a user searches for something in google and clicks on a community link shows google search results and landed on a community page and just closed the browser tab to exit from the community. In this case, a one-page view is recorded. There is no followed user activity after this page view to calculate user duration when generating ‘visits.visit-summary’ for this user session visit_duration won’t present.

Nayaz-S
      Contributor

Hello MohammedF 

I was searching for a similar solution, I am glad that I found your thread. We are looking for the visits duration of users who have accessed the portal and accepted a solution from any thread. Can you please help me with this data?

MohammedF

Nayaz-S By portal, if you mean the community, you will have to make something custom using the Bulk Data API to track the user and whether the person accepting the solution is the same as the tracked user:

visits.member-entrance
        Visit login event

action.duration
        Visit duration in seconds

solutions.accept
        The message is marked as an accepted solution