Forum Discussion

6 years ago

What is the difference in bookmark or subscribe options between main message and topic

Just a tricky question here, can someone tell what is the major difference in these two options of posts.

I know first one is for thread and another one is for particular post. But, what make the difference for them to make subscribe to post again from particular message and not from thread.

• Hi Parshant,

You can bookmark boards, posts, articles, etc., so that you can revisit them later and it is easy to find them. To view and manage your bookmarked content, goto My Settings -> Subscriptions & Notifications -> My Bookmarks. You can also add the Subscription bookmarks component to user profile page for quick access for registered users.

On the other hand, subscribing to community content (boards, posts, etc) will ensure you are notified when new activity happens on the subscribed content.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Srujana. 

Parshant
      Boss

srujanayeruvaka,

I know subscribe will give us notification to the posts i am subscribed and bookmark will save the article or content to memorize.

But my question was, Whats make the difference for Subscribe /Bookmark from Main Topic and from Thread "options menu".

• Ugh! I don't have an answer for you, but just a comment to say that it seems very odd that you can subscribe / bookmark both! I hadn't even noticed that there were bookmark/subscribe options on the main message.