Forum Discussion

snaveen
Guide
3 years ago

Can we use Bulk Data Api to extract seletcted Categorys data ?

Hi Team,

I am trying to use bulk API and extract data from the community,  i need help in extracting data for only a few selected categories and not whole community data.

Kindly let me know how this can be done using the bulk API?

curl “https://api.lithium.com/lsi-data/v1/data/export/community/testcommunity.prod?fromDate=201409131205&toDate=201409151205" -H “client-id: safkdndkebbdkkkc” -u “eicncladjiickld:”

Regards

Naveen S

• RogerW, thank you for clarifying on v1 and v2 of data extract scenario. Appreciate your help!

RogerW
    Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hello snaveen:

As SyedSa mentioned the standard approach to filtering is always post download of the complete data set. 

When I read your question I initially read it like you were trying to just download a few selected columns and not the entire 60+ column data set.  In the outside chance that this is what you were trying to accomplish, it is possible to do this so I thought I would provide the details.  Possibly the use case is you just want a quick inspection of something and it would make it easier to not have all the columns present. 

To perform this, you can add parameter(s) to the query.  This query will only return two columns of data for period provided in the query.  (user.login and request.headers.user_agent)

curl “https://api.lithium.com/lsi-data/v1/data/export/community/testcommunity.prod?fromDate=201409131205&toDate=201409151205&fields=user.login,request.headers.user_agent" -H “client-id: safkdndkebbdkkkc” -u “eicncladjiickld:”

I've tried this with v1 and v2 of the API and it worked in both scenarios.

Thank you,

Roger

• Hi snaveen. Bulk API won’t support extracting on subset or data, a few boards/categories or any other filtering. You can filter data that is required after downloading complete data.